In 1997 the renowned landscape architect Alexander Koch from Starnberg completely redesigned the clinic park.
He describes his work and intention as follows:
"A garden for patients - paths of life". Water represents the conceptual centre of the garden, the source of all life. Its paths arise here following diverse destinations. Whereas the spatial pleasure of the garden concept is conveyed within the garden itself, the actual garden forms are conceived particularly well when viewed from the patient rooms.
The circular form of the central seating arrangement enables patients and visitors to enjoy gentle breezes and silence amongst its surrounding trees and hedgerows offering shade, wonderful views and light. The gentle sound of the fountains’ splashing water conceals ambient sounds and in interaction with its mirrored light invites daydreaming.
Directly in front of the clinic, separated only by one road, the lakeshore promenade of Ammersee is situated. Here you also find the jetty [Dampfersteg] serving as landing dock for the excursion boats run by “Ammerseeschifffahrt” as well as several restaurants and cafés featuring beergardens and patios. Embedded charmingly along the lakeshore promenade the castle gardens with its “Kurparkschlösschen” are located.
Excursions and destinations
Our clinic is located at a distance of approx. 40 km from Munich and thus offers accompanying relatives and visitors an excellent starting point for excursions to Bavarias’ capital. Munich can be reached by car or commuter train [S-Bahn] line S 8. The stop is at a walking distance of less than 5 minutes.
Also Augsburg and former Olympic venue Garmisch-Partenkirchen distanced just under 70 km are fantastic destinations truly worth a day trip. The location of the clinic embedded within the so-called “Fünf-Seen-Land” offers an attractive and appealing region with an abundance of destinations for excursions:
• Dampfer "Herrsching" (steamboat)
• Kurparkschlössl Herrsching (spa gardens chateau)
• Archäologischer Park Herrsching (archeological park)
• Klosterkirche Dießen (convent church)
• Kloster Andechs (monastery)
• Schloss Seefeld (castle)
• Schloss Possenhofen (castle)
• Buchheim-Museum Bernried (collectors' museum for expressionist art)
• Votivkapelle in Berg (votive chapel)
• Pfaffenwinkel mit Kloster Wessobrunn (monastery)
• Wieskirche (famous baroque church)
• Kloster Steingaden (monastery)
• Kloster Ettal (monastery)